Sunday, February 11, 2007

R E D E M P T I O N !


Congratulations to the Dixie Chicks on their 2007 Grammy's (for Best Country Album & Album of the Year) ! This is redemption! For all the bad press and horrible displays of American intolerance that followed their "ordeal" of self-expression it is nice to see such a public redemption. Sometimes we Americans forget what being an American truly is.....it's not entirely our fault....we have so much freedom it can be easy to forget how much freedom costs. Freedom and the American way, to me, means the right to be an individual. Rebellion is the very definition of American individualism. Freedom of expression is American! Although I was not surprised by he fall-out I was very disappointed by the intolerance to independent thought. I could soap-box on this all day but I won't. I'm glad a few "ugly" Americans have not spoiled the true American spirit.

-A

No comments: